- An interview with Brad Efron about scientific writing. I haven’t watched the whole interview, but I do know that Efron is one of my favorite writers among statisticians.
- Slidify, another approach for making HTML5 slides directly from R. I love the idea of making HTML slides, I would definitely do this regularly. But there are a couple of issues I feel still aren’t resolved: (1) It is still just a little too hard to change the theme/feel of the slides in my opinion. It is just CSS, but that’s still just enough of a hurdle that it is keeping me away and (2) I feel that the placement/insertion of images is still a little clunky, Google Docs has figured this out, I’d love it if they integrated the best features of Slidify, Latex, etc. into that system.
- Statistics is still the new hotness. Here is a Business Insider list about 5 statistics problems that will “change the way you think about the world”.
- I love this one in the New Yorker, especially the line,”statisticians are the new sexy vampires, only even more pasty” (via Brooke A.)
- We’ve hit the big time! We have been linked to by a real (Forbes) blogger.
- If you haven’t noticed, we have a new logo. We are going to be making a few other platform-related changes over the next week or so. If you have any trouble, let us know!
Please comment on the article here: Simply Statistics