The talk is 4-5pm in Room 200 on the 20th floor of the Presbyterian Hospital Building, Columbia University Medical Center.
I’m not sure what I’m gonna talk about. It’ll depend on what people are interested in discussing. Here are some possible topics:
– The failure of null hypothesis significance testing when studying incremental changes, and what to do about it;
– Cool stuff in Stan;
– Bayes for big data: Challenges and possible research directions;
– Multilevel models and N=1 studies: Bridging between big and little data;
– Bayesian workflow;
– Improving statistical graphics through statistical modeling, and vice versa;
– Informative prior distributions and how to be a frequentist;
– Teaching statistics.
Or whatever else comes up.