- The Why Axis - discussion of important visualizations on the web. This is one I think a lot of people know about, but it is new to me. (via Thomas L. – p.s. I’m @leekgroup on Twitter, not @jtleek).
- This paper says that people who “engage in outreach” (read: write blogs) tend to have higher academic output (hooray!) but that outreach itself doesn’t help their careers (boo!).
- It is a little too late for this year, but next year you could make a Valentine with R.
- An email charter (via Rafa). This is pretty similar to my getting email responses from busy people. Not sure who scooped who. I’m still waiting for my to-do list app. Mailbox is close, but I still want actions to be multiple choice or yes/no or delegation rather than just snoozing emails for later.
- Top ten reasons not to share your code, and why you should anyway.
Please comment on the article here: Simply Statistics